All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   IT   RO   FR   PT   HU   NL   SK   LA   ES   FI   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EL   SR   EO   |   SK   HU   FR   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   NO   SV   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   FI   BG   RO   |   more ...

Англо-русский словарь

BETA Online Dictionary Russian-English: Enter keyword here!
  АА́Б...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations | Desktop

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Russisch
 Vintage Russian/Ukrainian Hand Painted Pysanka ... »
« Word from Vadim Zeland's method    

Russian-English Translation of
A short sentence

« go back | show/hide answers | notify of additions
Term:
A short sentence.  
by jerlo2 (PL), 2019-01-09, 23:19  Spam?  
Hi there.

Can you please help me with this:

Если ты мне написал.
И я не ответила ничего.
Напиши ещё раз.
И обломайся дважды.

I understand everything except the last sentence. Is it some sort of a sarcasm? Or just information? Anyway, what does it mean? Google translate gave me some weird translation.

Thanks in advance!
Answer:
by demetries, 2019-01-10, 03:10  Spam?  81.25.79....
Hi,

"Обламывать" is to break an end part out of whole piece of something. Also in Russian slang word "облом" means a feeling of a sudden disappointment, or situation when such the disappointment appears. "Обломить" is to give somebody the disappointment. "Обломиться" is to receive the disappointment. "Облом" is something near to "epic fail". If you do a great attempt, and this attempt had not brought a success, this is "облом".

Good luck
Answer:
by jerlo2 (PL), 2019-01-10, 13:05  Spam?  
Hi

Thank you so much. I guess I know whats going on.

So, basically, it could mean that... "If you sent me a message, and I didn't write back, no problem, just send it once again, and embarrass yourself twice, because I will not answer you anyway" ??
Answer:
by demetries, 2019-01-10, 14:02  Spam?  81.25.79....
I can agree with your translation

Optional: Login | Sign Up 
  Answer the question or add a comment

Headline
Username
E-Mail (opt.)
Description
Context or additional information. HTML not allowed! Links starting with http:// will be clickable. Formatting: +word+ will be displayed as word, *word* will result in word.
» guidelines
« go back
 Standard reply: Context | Try on your own | Ask Paul | Dictionary
Postings are publicly visible and can be found using search engines.

back to top | home© 2002 - 2019 Paul Hemetsberger | contact / privacy
Russian-English online dictionary (Англо-русский словарь) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information!
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers