All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   IT   RU   FR   RO   PT   HU   LA   NL   SK   HR   ES   BG   NO   FI   CS   TR   DA   PL   EL   SR   EO   |   SK   HU   FR   PL   NL   SQ   RU   NO   ES   SV   IT   DA   PT   CS   HR   RO   |   more ...

Англо-русский словарь

BETA Online Dictionary Russian-English: Enter keyword here!
 АА́Б...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations | Desktop

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Russisch
 геморойно »
« Help translate embroidery text on towel.    

Russian-English Translation of
English into Russian

« go back | show/hide answers | notify of additions
Term:
English into Russian 'that's what I was supposed to say'   
by Alphs007 , 2017-07-23, 22:21  Spam?  90.255.55....
Hi can someone please translate "That's what I was supposed to say" into Russian..
I want it as a tattoo and so I need it translated correctly.
In terms of getting the meaning right- it's saying that there was the a correct response to a statment, however I didn't get it until after the time had passed.
Thank-you
Answer:
by Demetries, 2017-07-24, 06:18  Spam?  176.49.235....
Hi, In English there are many variants: have to, must, supposed to, ought to... In Russian I can not to transfer hues of the words what I have written above. In Russian there is one variant: должен, i.e., in Russian the phrases are similar:

That's what I was supposed to say = that's what I must to say = that's what I have to say = вот что я должен был сказать

that's what I wanted to say = вот что я хотел сказать

that's what I must to say = вот что я должен был сказать

that's what I have to say = вот что я имею сказать (variant of the translation)

Email me to exre4;mail.ru and explain more about this tatoo, if you want.
Answer:
by Demetries, 2017-07-24, 06:28  Spam?  176.49.235....
There was mistakes in verb tenses. It is correct:

That's what I am supposed to say = that's what I must to say = that's what I have to say = вот что я должен сказать

that's what I wanted to say = вот что я хотел сказать

that's what I must to say = вот что я должен сказать

that's what I have to say = вот что я имею сказать (variant of the translation)
Chat:    
by Alphs007 , 2017-07-24, 06:44  Spam?  90.255.55....
Okay, thanks. So there is a difference in the Russian but they all basically mean the same thing right?
Can you suggest which version most portrays my point? Or is not that simple.

Thankyou
Answer:
by Demetries, 2017-07-24, 07:13  Spam?  176.49.235....
I would want to know where this tatoo will be placed, and what you want to show by it. I dont understand exactly. For example, if the place is the your fist, and you want to use it as last argument (you show the fist and your opponent sees this tatoo) I could to propose "Вот что я имею сказать". However, if the tattoo on the your breast, it will be ununderstandable. I cant, I need the place and the motive.
Chat:    
by Alphs007 , 2017-07-24, 07:27  Spam?  90.255.55....
It's not really about arguing or making a statement to others, it's just meaningful and personal to me. I was going to put it very small right under a tattoo I already have circling my thigh.  So most of the time people won't even see it.
Aha sorry it's kind of difficult to get the feel of the sentence over text but it's almost sad, like you always knew what you were supposed to say but just couldn't say it because you didn't mean it at the time
Thanks
Answer:
by Demetries, 2017-07-24, 08:26  Spam?  176.49.235....
I think I have understood. I would offer following

"Вот, что я хотел сказать" (Here's what I wanted to say or That's what I wanted to say).

If in the ending of sentence to put 3 dots, the sentence will be more sad (a little): "Вот, что я хотел сказать..."
Chat:    
by Alphs007 , 2017-07-24, 08:28  Spam?  90.255.55....
Awesome thank you

Optional: Login | Sign Up 
  Answer the question or add a comment

Headline
Username
E-Mail (opt.)
Description
Context or additional information. HTML not allowed! Links starting with http:// will be clickable. Formatting: +word+ will be displayed as word, *word* will result in word.
» guidelines
« go back
 Standard reply: Context | Try on your own | Ask Paul | Dictionary
Postings are publicly visible and can be found using search engines.

back to top | home© 2002 - 2017 Paul Hemetsberger | contact
Russian-English online dictionary (Англо-русский словарь) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information!
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Remove Ads