All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   IT   RU   FR   RO   PT   HU   LA   NL   SK   HR   ES   BG   NO   FI   CS   TR   DA   PL   EL   SR   EO   |   SK   HU   FR   PL   NL   SQ   RU   NO   ES   SV   IT   DA   PT   CS   HR   RO   |   more ...

Англо-русский словарь

BETA Online Dictionary Russian-English: Enter keyword here!
 АА́Б...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations | Desktop

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Russisch
 Just a Few Translations Needed »
« English into Russian 'that's what I was suppose...    

Russian-English Translation of
геморойно

« go back | show/hide answers | notify of additions
Term:
геморойно  
by AUsernameThatIsntTaken, 2017-07-06, 20:55  Spam?  87.116.180...
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me.

I came across the word геморойно and I can't find what it means for the life of me. I've tried every dictionary, slang dictionary, Russian synonym dictionary and online translator I could find and no luck. Most of them tell me they can't find it, and some suggest a similar-looking word that means "hemorrhoid" - but the word I'm looking for has nothing to do with that.
The context is something like: "I thought it was too ______(геморойно) for you."
My best guess is something along the lines of fancy or expensive? Then again, these are just guesses and I could be completely wrong.

Any help I can get means a lot.
Answer:
by Demetries, 2017-07-07, 04:11  Spam?  176.49.247....
Hi

1) геморрой is the disease
2) in vernacular use (colloquial)  the word геморрой also means many troubles or difficulties
Answer:
by Demetries, 2017-07-07, 04:28  Spam?  176.49.247....
This disease do not kill but brings many uncomfortabilities. When we say "геморрой" ("геморр" is also in use) about some employments we imply something similar.
Chat:    
by AUsernameThatIsntTaken, 2017-07-07, 16:12  Spam?  87.116.180...
Thank you for replying!
However, I don't need "геморрой", I need геморойно. The sentence in Russian is:
"Я думал для тебя это слишком геморойно."
So if we take the colloquial meaning, could this perhaps translate to "I thought it was too troublesome/ too much trouble for you"?
Answer:
by Demetries, 2017-07-07, 17:49  Spam?  176.49.250...
I glad to read you again

геморрой is noun, геморройный is adjective, геморройно is adverb. This is only one difference. The meaning stays same. Геморройно = difficultly, геморройный = difficult, геморрой = difficulties.

Я думал для тебя это слишком геморойно = I thought it was  too difficult for you. Yes, you are absolutely right in last sentence.
Chat:    
by AUsernameThatIsntTaken, 2017-07-07, 18:49  Spam?  87.116.180...
Thank you so much, you were a great help!

Optional: Login | Sign Up 
  Answer the question or add a comment
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
back to top | home© 2002 - 2017 Paul Hemetsberger | contact
Russian-English online dictionary (Англо-русский словарь) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information!
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Remove Ads